Friday 30 January 2009

Six new cards for Christmas






















Hi Everyone, it's been a busy week, as I was getting some work ready for the Spring Fair at the National Exhibition Centre - then I got an email from the Art Director, requesting some different imagery, so it was all-hands-on-deck (well, my two!) to get six Christmas card designs done in a couple of days! I have been 'helped' by my pussycats, Magic and Bacon, who have taken to launching themselves on to my tray of pencils, scattering them everywhere! They have also both developed a liking for eating the pencils, well, chewing them up! With my current pencil crisis, and new ones being over a pound, this is not a good thing and I have developed a technique for drawing with one hand, and keeping kittens off the drawing with the other!

6 comments:

quiltcat said...

Oh these designs are all so cute!!! You should be able to sell zillions of them! I bet Magic and Bacon were feeling that you were being 'way too intense in your work so they wanted to "help." Kitties! And guess what, my cards arrived in the mail yesterday, thank you so much!

Judith said...

they are delightful - well done you! I wouldn't even know where to start!!! take care, Judith

April Jarocka said...

well done liz, you've been busy and they are just brilliant. All the best

Nan and =^..^= said...

You're cards are so delightful!
That new kitty technique works wonderfully!

Jess said...

These are absolutely gorgeous! You said they were done in 2 days...wow! I'm going to the Spring fair too! Which day will you be there? I'm there on thursday :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE those. I absolutely adore your bunnies - the ears are just wonderful. I can also relate to the cat thing. I only have one cat (he's meant to be adult) but he can be such a massive pain. Of course they have this thing about being on top of the thing you're paying attention to (be it a newspaper or a pristine piece of white paper) and he just needs batting away every 10 seconds sometimes. But we love 'em anyway...