Monday 26 January 2009

Simple Simon and better scans of The owl and the Pussycat










































































































Here is my latest offering from Fluffville, Simple Simon! In this case, Simon is a tiger, who bears more than a fleeting resemblance to Tiddles! (This, of course, is because I can draw only one type of tiger!) I have also taken The Owl and the Pussycat out of the sketch book, and scanned them again, hoping for a bit better quality - let's see. Other news today is that I've signed a contract with an agent, more news of that soon, and a link to my portfolio with them! I hope they get me some work, as we just had to do a mercy dash to my bank with 30 quid! Goodness, this is like being 18 years old again! I have also had a letter from the Education Department, and I will be having an interview for Supply Teaching soon. Better start practicing my 'stern' persona again! Just kidding, I am the least stern person in the world, as all my cats and anyone who knows me will tell you!

4 comments:

Doda said...

I love the owl and the pussycat!
Funny, I've been thinking of making a mobile of the o and the p for my little girl.

Jess said...

Brilliant work Liz and congratulations on the agent!x

Ronnie said...

Fingers are crossed for you, Liz. You are downright amazing! A real never-give-up fighter.
We Southerners who are of Scottish heritage proclaim it proudly. We know how good our genes are!
We march around chanting,
Lovin'! Drinkin'! Fightin'! and then say it again for fun!
Dang, your stuff would make a beautiful book or poster or on plates and cups and on t-shirts and hats and PLUSH TOYS and board games and cereal boxes and printed on fabric and tiny action figures...I could go on.
Have a good and productive day!
Thanks for the sweet comment about my monk boy painting!
Keep us posted!

Gillian said...

This is amazing, adorable and beautiful! I'm so impressed!
...And a good "evil eye" is always useful, no matter how fun you are.