Wednesday 14 January 2009

Babybunny Milkteeth goes sailing, and I wait




Silly me, I forgot to post these up last night - over excited about getting back on-line! Isn't it strange how in this line of work, if you're not really established, it's all about waiting, waiting, waiting.....You do loads of work, spend a small fortune printing out samples, packaging it all up and posting it - then you wait with baited breath for the Important Person to get back to you. Of course, half (more than half) of the time, they don't even acknowledge you exist, but still you wait and wait for a break. In the meantime, I am applying for a part-time job as the Steward of Maclellan's Castle, which is an Historic Scotland monument in town. It's Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, and you just have to take the money, be nice to tourists and clean up etc. Sounds ideal! I bet 100's of people will apply, but it's certainly worth a try, as it would pay the bills but leave plenty of time for this.

3 comments:

quiltcat said...

Very cute bunny sailing pics! I do hope you get some positive news soon, but i know that making a living in art means constantly having to put yourself out there. Hope you get the Steward job...that would be cool, and being able to pay the bills would be a huge relief!

Jess said...

Goodness me, you've been more busy than I thought! I love the texture of the bunny's face. The waiting game is all part and parcel of this way of life but I love the unpredictable excitement of it. Having said that, I haven't sent anything out for many a long while so the excitement is a bit non-existent at the moment!x

Judith said...

I haved missed you and am glad you're back on line. Love the pictures and I hope you get the steward job. Take care, judith