Tuesday 3 March 2009

Little Noddy











Well I told you I would, and I have! Here's two Noddy drawings which I did right after I posted Tiddles in his pants! One is my wind-up Noddy, and the other is my Noddy egg cup from eBay. There is also a picture of one of Enid Blyton's Noddy book covers for people who don't know what on earth I'm wittering on about - there was a right carry on about the 'Gollywogs' (racist) and the books were withdrawn and had to be re-written without them. Oh dear. Noddy books were a HUGE part of my childhood, Big Ears, Tessie Bear, Bumpy Dog and Mr. Plod....Parp Parp! Here comes Noddy!

4 comments:

Laurie said...

Enid Blyton! Sooty! Where's Rag, Tag and Bobtail? I have just been listening to the Famous Five audio books - Oh! What a different World it was once.

Best wishes

Laurie

Ronnie said...

Man, being a Yank, I don't know these folks, but their cute. I came by to ask you "what's shakin'?".
Paper dolls are so cute. You are covering every freaking angle!!!
I've been doing the hit and run lately, but I'M HERE! Are U still waiting for word from your agent?

Jess said...

Oh this takes me back!x

Buskitten said...

Heehee! Isn't it fun?! Ronnies comment is so funny - the floks in the US don't know how sentimental we Brits are about our soft toys! Yes, Laurie, the world was an infinately better place in those days - oh to be able to go back....Cue Cher, 'If I could turn back time, if I could find a way...' la la la la