Tuesday 30 December 2008

The Owl and the Pussycat, and a bit of DIY







Busy day here! Guess what? I finally put those blinds up! You know, the ones which have been under the bed for two years! Woohoo, I can't believe I actually did it! The kitchen looks really fab now, ( I better take some pics tomorrow, as you don't know what on earth I'm talking about!) I also cut loads of logs, had a sort of tidy of the garage, then lit a lovely fire and had dinner - fabulous!



When I was away, I had this idea to illustrate some Nursery Rhymes, so first up is 'The Owl and the Pussycat', by Edward Lear. I haven't finished it, as I have run out of black pencils - but we're going to get some tomorrow, so I'll finish it then. I also need to find out what a turkey looks like, as a turkey marries the Owl and the Pussycat in Bongland!

5 comments:

Nan and =^..^= said...

Welcome Home!
Your owl and pussycat illustrations are wonderful!
Now I'm away from home and missing my cats again!
best,
Nan

quiltcat said...

Welcome back! this really promises to be fun! sounds like you had a very productive day and of course would love to see pics of your new "window treatment"!

April Jarocka said...

Hey Liz, glad to see you're back in the driving seat! Thanks for popping in and wishing me well. All the best to you too in 2009!!

Ronnie said...

Happy New Year to you too, Liz.
I'll be back tomorrow to see all the wonderful things you've created.

Koya Moon said...

Happiest New Year to you Liz! :)

Hope it's the best year in all the world.

Take Care!