Thursday 12 February 2009

It's Time for Tiddles!






What a lovely thing for it to be time for! This is my submission for http://illustrationfriday.com/ (which is very late!) and the theme is 'Time'. It's actually pretty much a day in the life of me, except I am not furry and orange! There is my blue hand-saw and my little red truck, and I absolutely love chips but I don't eat them every day, or I would turn in to a lardon! Nor, I am ashamed to say, do I read Shakespeare for fun these days - Country Living is more my speed! I wish I had a duvet cover like Tiddles' Bunny one, it's so sweet! Meantime, in the real world (of which I am not much of a fan - I prefer Fluffville!) the Castle interview is next Tuesday, and I have two more little nice-ish jobs to apply for. My agent is branching in to editorial / advertising, so I hope with all paws crossed for a break with them soon. They also have a trip to the US at the end of this month, so maybe the nice people across the pond will licence some work ( I really hope they like mine!) I would also like to thank April http://www.uglyrabbits.blogspot.com/ for the lovely award she sent me - check out her blog, she is awesome!

12 comments:

April Jarocka said...

awe Liz thanks for that!!! And you're very welcome. I think it shoulf be time for tiddles everyday!

joshiandmum said...

Hi Wizz!
We bought some of your cards in the post office today. We are using them as thank you cards for Xmas and birthdays. wonderful!! We think you are the right person to do a painting of Teddy 1 and Teddy2!! Speak soon. Love Lynn and Joshi. xx (Say hello to other Wizz)

Buskitten said...

Joshi!!!!
Wow! I can't believe it! You are my first real, live friend to leave me a message on my blog! Thank you so much - I'm so pleased you like your cards!
I would love to draw Teddies 1 and 2 - just let me know.
Loads of love from Wizz and Wizz xxx

quiltcat said...

Hi Liz. That is so cute! I love how Tiddles' eyes look when he's concentrating. Also, you gotta get your art work out there, because wouldn't a line of fabric with little sleepy bunnies on them, just like Tiddles' duvet cover, be wonderful?! I really hope some of the leads you've got out there work...and best of luck with the castle interview!

Nina Seven N7 said...

hey liz - great entry for IF, quite ambitious, a whole story! thanks for your comment on mine!

Di said...

WOW - wonderful charming! Wish it was always time for Tiddles!

Ronnie said...

Hey! I enjoyed that so much! Well done.
Your hard work is paying off.
What, pray tell, is Saxa?

Kstyles said...

Aw! This is cute!

Anonymous said...

Too cute! Wonderful antidote to a stressful day, it puts the world back in perspective again. I love your bunnies too. Fabulous!

Jess said...

Hiya Liz - these are so cute. I love the colours and patterns! Thanks for your comment on my blog, the job I'm doing is unfortunately unpaid as it's a new magazine that depends on the goodwill of of the contributors but I thought it would be good for me to do a 'real' illustration job for practice and experience. I don't have an agent but it's on my to do list this year! Good luck with yours, keep us informed!x

Nan and =^..^= said...

Wonderful illustrations..love all of the details and hope all of the possibilities out there become real!
Nan and the Maine cats

Judith said...

the detail, colours & the fun factor makes your pictures so delightful. hope all goes well, judith