Thursday 26 February 2009

Business Plan


This doesn't look like the desk of an illustrator, does it? I am trying to write a business plan, as a Development Manager from Scotland UnLtd came to see me yesterday. I am applying for a Level 2 Award, which if I get it, will enable me to work as a 'Social Entrepreneur' with disadvantaged groups in arts-based activities. This funding would pay for my living expenses, so it would be really, really good to get it. It's quite exciting, as if you are short-listed ( on the basis of your Business Plan) you have to go and 'pitch' to a team of people - a bit like the telly programme 'Dragon's Den!' Ooh, that would be seriously scary, if I get that far, I'll have to practice loads, especially the finance bit, as I'm rubbish at that! My pencils are having a holiday for the time being, as I need to give this my best shot. Maybe they will grow a bit during their break!

4 comments:

quiltcat said...

Best of luck, Liz! When you do your pitch, just imagine you're working with a group of recalcitrant adolescents...and bring some art to show them how much fun and how engaging what you do will be, in addition to showing business smarts!

April Jarocka said...

all the best with this venture Liz!!!

Jess said...

Scary stuff! Well done you for applying for this. I wish you all the luck with it.
I hope you didn't have too much trouble with my naughty comments box :)x

Buskitten said...

Thanks, Guys!